Friday, October 09, 2009

Jeff Buckley - Grace (BBC Late Show 01-17-95)



Tim Buckley's son Jeff demonstrates vocal prowess equal to his father in this video. Some may find the soaring vocals to be a bit over the top, but the song holds together. Another talent that died young and stupidly, not by drugs, but drowning in the Mississippi River after going swimming fully clothed.

Grace

There's the moon asking to stay
Long enough for the clouds to fly me away
Though it's my time coming, I'm not afraid, afraid to die
My fading voice sings of love,
But she cries to the clicking of time,
Of time

Wait in the fire...

And she weeps on my arm
Walking to the bright lights in sorrow
Oh drink a bit of wine we both might go tomorrow,oh my love
And the rain is falling and I believe
My time has come
It reminds me of the pain I might leave
Leave behind

Wait in the fire...

And I feel them drown my name
So easy to know and forget with this kiss
But I'm not afraid to go but it goes so slow

Wait in the fire...

1 comment:

austin rivers said...

Jeff Buckley's version of Hallelujah is my favorite song. The passion that he puts into the song is amazing, and his take on the song is much better than Cohen's original version in my opinion.